Saturday 16 October 2010

Sunflower Seeds!

Ben and Isabel outside the Tate Modern
Tonight was one of the most fun nights of my life.  We went to the Tate Modern, a museum.  There we saw what an artist -- Ai Wei Wei -- had created to fit a certain space.  Guess what it was?  Piles and piles across the floor of porcelain sunflower seeds!  They were all unique and different.  My Mom thinks the message was that all people are unique and different.  I guessed there were 100 million sunflower seeds piled 4 inches thick.  And there were 100 million.  For a snack there were nuts (almonds?) shaped like sunflower seeds.  I ate a whole bunch.  I met the artist.  Afterwards we went to see the Gauguin show.  I drew several sketches.  I like his style!

Isabel on a bed of porcelain sunflower seeds

2 comments:

  1. you are SOOO lucky! people are not alowed to lay in them anymore! Did you take one?

    ReplyDelete